Need to know how to replace the valve seals on a Toyota RAV4? Replacing the valve seals on your Toyota RAV4 is a wise investment, not only for your engine but also for your driveway. Once the valve seal becomes old and starts to perish, oil can seep out and make a mess, and this also contributes to having to top off your oil more often. Here is a guide changing the valve seals on your Toyota RAV4.
To replace valve seals on a Toyota RAV4, you will need:
- A wrench
- A rubber mallet
- A new valve cover seal
- First of all, park your Toyota on a flat surface, away from traffic, with the hand brake applied. Open the hood of your RAV4 and remove the negative battery cable with a 13mm wrench to prevent electric shocks.
- On the top of the engine, you will see the HT leads which run to the coil. Remove these by pulling the end caps until they pop off. Number the cables as you remove them to make sure you know where they should be returned to.
- Undo the coil pack harness mounting with a screwdriver and set it aside. Starting from the central screws, undo the valve cover fasteners. Undo any hoses which cross the valve cover and lift the cover off. If it does not come off easily, tap the sides with a rubber mallet until it does.
Chip away the old seal around the edge with a plastic edged tool. Make sure the small pieces do not fall into the top of your Toyota's engine. Clean up the edging with acetone and allow to dry or dry it with a clean rag.
- Apply sealant around the edge of the valve cover and the base of the cylinder head. Fit a new gasket seal and then replace the valve cover. Again, start from the center position and refit the screws, working your way outwards. Tighten the the screws in equal steps to prevent the cover from warping.
- Refit the wiring harness mount, the hoses and the HT leads in the correct order. Attach the battery lead and start your RAV4's engine to make sure everything is OK. Check under the engine for leaks over the next few days.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!