How To Replace Volkswagen Jetta Fuel Fileter
Your fuel filter needs to be changed on your Jetta and you want to know how to replace a Volkswagen Jetta fuel filter. A fuel filter helps the fuel system stay clean by preventing dirt and debris from getting into the tank. If the smallest piece of dirt gets into your fuel system it can cause performance issues as well as possible damage to your engine. You can replace your Volkswagen Jetta fuel filter in short amount of time by following a few simple steps.
To replace a Volkswagen Jetta fuel filter you need:
- New fuel filter
- Wrench set
- Remove the fuel pump fuse. In order to disable the fuel pump you need to first remove the fuel pump fuse. Next, disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery terminal.
- Remove the fuel filter housing cover. Locate the Volkswagen Jetta fuel filter housing toward the top of the radiator hose underneath the vehicle. Loosen the fuel line that is on the control pressure regulator. Use a rag to wrap around the housing to catch any fuel that might spill out when you remove the cover.
- Remove the fuel filer. Carefully disconnect the fuel lines. To remove the fuel filter, pull it up slowly out of the housing.
- Install the new filter. Slide the new filter in place into the housing. Be careful so fuel will not squirt out of the housing. Once the new filter is installed, reattach the fuel lines and replace the fuel filer housing cover.
- Replace the fuses. Connect the negative battery cable to the battery terminal. Replace the fuel pump fuse. Start up your Volkswagen engine and check to make sure that things are working properly.