If your car wheel bearings are going bad you may want to know how to replace wheel bearings. You'll know that your car needs new wheel bearings if your car has been rumbling a lot and the wheels feel loose. Bad wheel bearings can form a collection of dirt on the engine and also leak oil. Wheel bearings help support the weight of a car and also assist a car with the rotation of the wheels. Over normal wear and tear you can expect the wheel bearing to eventually wear down. Just follow these few steps to assist you in replacing the wheel bearings on the car.
To replace wheel bearings you will need:
- wheel bearings
- wheel bearing grease
- grease seals
- jack and jack stand
- cotter pin
- wrench set
- socket and ratchet set
- Jack up the car. Use the jack to place under the car and jack it up enough for you to fit under their comfortably. Use a jack stand to help support the weight of the car.
- Remove the wheel bearings and the break caliber. Use screwdriver to gently remove the dusk cap. Be sure to remove the cotter pin and the retainer ring as well. Next remove the spindle nut and washer.
- Remove the outer wheel bearing. Loosen the spindle nut and remove the spindle. Next remove the grease seal and take out the inner wheel bearing. Wipe up all the old grease from inside of the hub assembly with a rag and clean it thoroughly.
- Separate the inner wheel bearing from the hub. Remove any bolts that are attached. Remove the old bearing races.
- Install the new wheel bearing. Fit the new bearing races in place one at a time and make sure they are fully seated. Put wheel bearing grease on the inner bearing and then slide them into place.
- Seal the outer bearing. Grease the outer bearing and install it. To seal the bearing tap the new grease seal into place. Tighten all bolts securely.
- Insert the new cotter pin. Install the dusk cap cover. Return the hub to the spindle and tighten the spindle nut.
- Put the tire back into place. Replace the brake caliper. After installing the tire replace and tighten the lug nuts. Make sure there is no resistance in the tire by giving it a good spin. Remove the jack stand. Lower the car back down with the jack.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!