How To Report Job Scams In NY
Many people search the Internet for jobs, this is why it is important that you prepare yourself with information about how to report job scams in New York. The Internet is incredibly convenient, but it is also one of the most obvious places where people will post fake jobs. They do this in order to obtain your personal information. This is why it is imperative that you practice safety and security when you apply to any jobs online. Taking the extra precautions can save you a lot of pain in the end. It will prevent you from having your information obtained and sold to other companies for a small profit. By following the tips below you will know how to report job scams in New York.
- If a job, looks very promising, has good pay as well as numerous spelling or grammatical errors, this may be a red flag. A reputable company will have a job listing that sounds and looks professional. If they don’t, you may want to reconsider applying for that particular job.
- You also want to see if there is any contact information attached to the job lead. If there is an absence of this information, then this is also a red flag. Even though there may be some businesses who wish to keep their contact information confidential, often this isn’t the case. Usually people who are trying to pull off schemes will not leave any contact information, so use your best judgment when applying for these jobs.
- When you do discover a fake employment scam, depending on where you found the scam, you can do a number of things. You can write a complaint to the website or place where you found the job scam. Some websites even have a button you can press which allows you to flag the employment ad. Just be sure to know for sure whether a job is a scam before hitting the submit button.
- If you see the same job ad in different cities, this is also most likely a scam. Many job scams have the same ad they run repeatedly. They also use this same ad in different cities. This is also a red flag.
Another thing you can do is contact the Better Business Bureau in your county. Each county has their own division. You can go online and file a complaint. You can even call their toll free number and speak to someone regarding the fake job listing.
- You can also report it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center. You can go to their website and file a complaint online. It will ask you many questions regarding your situation and although it may take up to the month, they are very diligent about crimes that take place on the Internet.
By following these guidelines, you will know how to report job scams in New York. You can also rest assure that your personal information doesn’t end up in the wrong hands.