How To Reset A Blackberry Pearl
Learning how to reset a Blackberry Pearl is not as simple and straightforward as the process for many Blackberry Smartphones. The Blackberry Pearl does not have a basic reset button, so the procedure for resetting this device is a little more complicated, but not impossible. In order to reset your Blackberry Pearl to its original factory settings, there is no additional equipment needed and only a few simple steps.
Items Needed to Reset a Blackberry Pearl to its original factory settings.
- An Operational Blackberry Pearl with a Functional Keypad and a Charged Battery
- Create a backup. To avoid losing items, such as phone numbers, saved to your Blackberry, it is necessary to create a backup by using the Desktop Manager menu available on the device.
- Open the Pearl’s menu. Press the “Menu” key and wait for the options top appear.
- Select “Options”. This will open a list of commands available for your phone.
- Choose “Security Settings.” While you will not be adjusting the Security Settings of your Blackberry, you must enter this option to access deeper menu selections, being careful not to inadvertently adjust other settings of the device.
- Select “General Settings” from the options. This will display a menu that must be opened to list general settings available.
- Select the “Wipe Handheld” option. Key in the phrase “blackberry” when prompted to confirm your desire to wipe existing user settings from the device. As indicated, this option will erase, or wipe away, current settings from and return your Blackberry Pearl to the default or factory configuration.
- Restart the Blackberry Pearl. If the unit does not restart on its own, it should be manually restarted to complete the reset.
- Check the functionality of the device. If the Pearl continues to experience difficulties after the reset, it may require further diagnosis or repair from a Blackberry authorized service technician.