Learning how to reset BlackBerry Storm saves you a ton of frustration when your phone freezes and won't let you do anything. A BlackBerry Storm does not have a physical keyboard, so traditional methods of resetting the phone, like accessing the main menu, won't work if the screen is not responding. A hard reset of the phone should allow you to fix your BlackBerry Storm without losing data.
- Remove the battery cover on the back of the phone. Push the tabs on both lower sides of the cover and the cover itself upward gently with your thumbs.
- Remove the battery, located on the top half of the phone. Push up and slightly to the left to take the battery out. Leave the battery out of the phone for at least a full two minutes.
- Put the battery back in. Slide the battery downwards and make sure the four pins — the small gold bars at the right of the battery spot — are lined up with the four gold holes on the bottom of the battery. Do not push on the battery too hard; you can damage the battery or the phone pins by doing so.
- Put the battery cover back on. Turn the phone upside down to make the process easier. Slid the cover down toward the spot where the cover tabs are inserted into on the phone.
- Power the phone back up to test your results.
Be sure to sync your BlackBerry Storm on your PC before resetting to prevent data loss. You may lose information during a hard reset if your battery is really weak.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.