How To Reset Blackberry
Learning how to reset a BlackBerry is a great way to troubleshoot issues that might arise with your smartphone. BlackBerry was one of the first cell phone companies to come up with a smartphone design that allows users to connect to the Internet and easily check email while on the go. Some tasks you can use a BlackBerry for include browsing the web, checking your personal or company email, updating a calendar, checking or updating your social networking sites, texting your friends. or using it as a standard phone.
To complete this task, you will need:
- BlackBerry smartphone
- Find the keys for a soft reset. A soft reset helps you troubleshoot issues between your BlackBerry and the computer you’re trying to connect it to. The keys to look for are "Alt," "Right," "Shift," and "Delete."
- Press the keys. Press the "Alt," "Right," "Shift" and "Delete" keys simultaneously to perform a soft reset of your BlackBerry. Expect the screen to go blank as the reset is established.
- Perform a double soft reset. This will help to stop applications that are currently running on your BlackBerry. Use the same keys as a soft reset, and again, press them simultaneously. Again, the screen will go blank.
- Press the keys again. Once the blank screen is replaced by the BlackBerry start-up screen, press the "Alt," "Right," "Shift," and "Delete" keys simultaneously once more. The screen will go blank for a moment and then an hourglass will appear. Once this happens, you have successfully learned how to reset a BlackBerry with a double soft reset.
- Take out the battery for a hard reset. The hard reset of your BlackBerry should be used with any software, hardware or network issues or errors you encounter. Knowing how to reset a BlackBerry this way can fix issues with these components. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry to perform the hard reset. The BlackBerry should be on when you do this. You need to keep the battery out for at least 30 seconds. Once you put the battery back in, your BlackBerry will restart. When it restarts, you'll know your BlackBerry has been reset.
- Note that how to reset a BlackBerry that is C++ based is a little different for a hard reset. If you have a BlackBerry that is C++ based, all you need to do for a hard reset is press the “Reset” button on the BlackBerry.