How To Reset An iPod Classic
So you're listening to your favorite song, and all of a sudden your iPod freezes. No matter what buttons you push, nothing happens. How do you reset your iPod? If you have an iPod classic, follow these simple steps.
- First, make sure your iPod battery is charged. Plug your iPod in, then wait a minute and turn it on. Check and see if the low battery icon comes up. If it does, charge your iPod and wait about 30 minutes.
- If the battery is charged, make sure the Hold switch is not locked. If there is a lock symbol displayed on the screen, slide the Hold switch to the unlocked position and see if that works.
- If your iPod is already unlocked but is still frozen, first turn the Hold switch on and off.
- The next step depends on what kind of wheel is on your iPod classic. If you have an iPod with a click wheel, press the Menu and Center (Select) buttons at the same time. Hold them down until the Apple logo appears. If you have an iPod with a touch or scroll wheel, do the same with the Play/Pause and Menu buttons. It may take 6 to 8 seconds for the logo to appear. You might need to do this more than once before it works.
- If this does not work, connect your iPod to a power adapter and plug it into an electrical outlet, or turn on your computer and then connect the iPod to your computer.
- If your iPod classic is still frozen after following these steps, you may need to take it to the Apple store for service.
Posted on: Aug. 02, 2010