How To Reset An iPod Nano
Wondering how to reset an iPod Nano? You were probably listening to your favorite song, and all of a sudden your iPod froze. No matter what buttons you pushed, nothing happened. How do you reset your iPod? If you have an iPod nano, whether first or fifth generation, follow these simple steps.
- First, make sure your iPod battery is charged. Plug your iPod in, then wait a minute and turn it on. Check and see if the low battery icon comes up. If it does, charge your iPod and wait about 30 minutes.
- If the battery is charged, make sure the Hold switch is not locked. If there is a lock symbol displayed on the screen, slide the Hold switch to the unlocked position and see if that works.
- If your iPod is already unlocked but is still frozen, first turn the Hold switch on and off.
- Next, press the Menu and Center (Select) buttons at the same time. Hold them down until the Apple logo appears. It may take 6 to 8 seconds for the logo to appear. You might need to do this more than once before it works.
- If this does not work, connect your iPod to a power adapter and plug it into an electrical outlet, or turn on your computer and then connect the iPod to your computer.
- If your iPod nano is still frozen after following these steps, you may need to take it to the Apple store for service. In some cases, updating to the latest version of iTunes or iPod software may resolve your issue.