If you're having problems with your PS3, you should know how to reset your PS3 to see if that will help solve the problem. Whether your PS3 is freezing, locking up or having multiple issues, doing a factory restore can possibly help. This will reset your PS3 entirely and set it back to its original default setting. Learning how to reset a PS3 is pretty easy to do, but should only be done once you have backed up all of your data.
Things you'll need:
- Playstation 3 console
- External hard drive or flash drive
- Back up all of your information. Any information you have on your PS3, such as saved games, movies and music, should be backed up. Once your PS3 is restored back to its original factory setting, all of the information on your system will be lost. Depending on how much information you have on your machine, backing up your data can take from a few minuets to an hour.
- Turn off the PS3. Make sure to remove any games in the machine before you reset it. Flip the power switch on the back of your PS3 to turn it off. Wait a few seconds and turn the power switch back on.
- Press and hold the PS3 power button. While the PS3 is powering up, hold the power button down until your hear three beeps. This indicates that the manual system reset command has been received by the PS3.
- Follow through the initial setup menu. The setup menu will pop up and prompt you how to continue resetting your PS3. Just follow through the prompts until the setup menu is complete.
Finish the system reset. Once you follow through the setup menu, select "Format." This will format and finish a complete reset for your PS3.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
7 Dates You Can’t Go On Until You’re ‘Dating’
Here are seven outings to avoid until she officially becomes your girlfriend. Unless you’d like that to not, you know, ever actually happen.