You want to know how to reset the service light on your BMW.? The service light will come on when your BMW needs an oil change. If you change the oil on your BMW yourself, you need to know how to reset the service light on your own BMW. This is a simple job and can be done by anyone who can follow directions.
Things You Will Need:
- Work gloves
- You will need no tools to reset the service light on a newer BMW. Drive your BMW into your driveway. Shut your car off and release the seatbelt. Make sure you put your car in park.
- Remain seated in your BMW and put your seatbelt back on. Find the odometer reset button and hold it down with your left hand. Put the key back in the ignition with your right hand. Make sure you continue to hold the odometer button down with your left hand. Turn the key to the accessory position. Do not start your BMW.
- Continue to hold down the odometer reset button on your BMW until the indicator light flashes. Keep holding the odometer reset button down. You will see the word “reset” on your display.
- This is when your release your odometer reset button. You are not finished yet. Push the odometer reset back down with your left hand. Hold it down for a second. Release the odometer button once again. You will see five green lights on your display. This is an indication that you have reset the service light on your BMW. If you do not see the five green lights, repeat the process all over again.
- On older model BMW’s, this is what you can do. Open the hood on a cold engine. Secure the hood with the safety arm. Take your gloves and put them on your hands. Take your wrench and take the negative cable off the battery. Let your BMW sit for ten minutes with the negative battery cable released.
- Replace your negative battery cable on your BMW. You have reset the service light on your BMW.
- Follow directions and you will reset your service correctly the first time
- Wear gloves when working under the hood of your car
- Doing your own oil changes can save you money
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …