How To Reset Service Light On Toyota Venza
Do you need to know how to reset the service light on a Toyota Venza? Like every Toyota since the year 2000, the Venza has a "Service Required" light on the dashboard that comes on every time the car is ready for an oil change or other scheduled maintenance. If you have a clear idea that nothing in your car needs professional attention, here´s how to turn the service light off.
- With the car running, push the odometer button a few times until you reach the "Trip A" position. Clear the "Trip A" figure by pushing the button for five seconds.
- Stop the engine and take the key out of the ignition.
- Press the odometer button and keep pressure on it while putting the key in the ignition. With the odometer button pressed, turn the ignition to the position immediately before the engine start position.
- If your car has a keyless ignition button, the process is the same. The difference is that you will press the button when you should have turned the key.
- Wait until the "Trip A" reading goes back to 0000 then release the odometer reset button.
- Take the key out of the ignition. Then, put the key back in the ignition and start the engine. The service light should now be off.
- If the service light is not off after this process, take your Toyota to a service center for further inspection.
Remember that turning the service light off does not solve any mechanical problems, it just stops the dash indicator.