You want to know how to reset the tire pressure sensor on a Toyota. If the tire sensor goes off on your Toyota, something is not right with your tires. Most likely, one or more of the tires are low on air. Resetting the tire pressure sensor on your Toyota is an easy job and you can do it yourself.
What You Will Need:
- Air compressor
- Tire gage
- Leather work gloves
- Owner’s manual
- Park your Toyota in your driveway. Look at your tires and make sure they are not flat or damaged. Find your owner’s manual in the glove compartment. Check and see what the pressure of each tire should be.
- Take the valve stem covers off each tire and check the air pressure with your tire gage. If the tire needs air, use your air compressor to fill the tire with air. If the tire has too much air, release the excessive air. Do this with all four of the tires. You do not want your tire pressure sensor on your Toyota to come back on after you reset it.
- Go to the glove compartment of your Toyota. Open the glove compartment and feel over on the left side. There will be a switch to reset your tire pressure sensor.
- Turn the ignition switch to your Toyota on without starting the car. Push the button down until the tire pressure sensor light on your Toyota goes out.
- Push on the button one more time. Wait for the tire pressure light to blink three times and go out. Let go of the button. Keep the ignition switch on for ten minutes. You have reset the tire pressure sensor on your Toyota
- If this does not work, open up the hood of your car, and secure it with the safety arm. Take a wrench and disconnect the negative cable on your battery. Reconnect the negative cable on your battery after ten minutes. You have reset the tire pressure sensor on your Toyota.
- The owner’s manual will show you the correct pressure for your tires
- Make sure each tire has the correct amount of air
- Make sure the tires are not damaged
- Some tire pressure buttons are on the dash instead of inside of the glove compartment
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.