If you intend to find out how to restore a 1966 Ford Mustang after you buy one, you may want to get an estimate on the costs before you complete the purchase. A classic car like a 1966 Ford Mustang can require a lot of cash to fix up, so once you know how much it will take you can use that to your advantage when you purchase the car. Tell the seller that you either want them to restore the car at their expense, or to lower their asking price so you can make the repairs on your own.
Things you may need:
- Mechanic repair estimate
- Body shop paint and bodywork estimate
- Upholstery upgrade or replacement estimate
- Get a repair estimate from a qualified Ford mechanic. Make sure the mechanic is familiar with how to restore a 1966 Ford Mustang, and have them inspect the car to give you an estimate. If the Mustang also needs body work, ask the mechanic to recommend a paint and body shop to try.
- Once you settle on a body shop, get an estimate from them as well. Have the body shop look over the 1966 Ford Mustang, to see what they recommend you have fixed. Have them also include the paint job in the estimate.
- If the upholstery is in need of repair, make sure to have that looked at. Depending on the material of the seats in the 1966 Ford Mustang, you may need to go to an upholsterer who specializes in cloth or leather. Find out the total cost of repair, and add that to your expense list.
- Contact the seller and let them know what the total cost is to restore a 1966 Ford Mustang. Make an offer to buy, less the cost of repairs. If the seller thinks they can fix the car up for a better price, they may not agree to your offer. You will have to decide whether to counteroffer, or to buy the 1966 Ford Mustang for what they are asking.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.