To find out how to restore a 1976 Cadillac Deville may require you to do a lot of legwork. If the 1976 Cadillac Deville has been sitting in your garage gathering dust for a long time, it may cost you more than you expect to get it back on the highway. Unless you know a lot about cars, it is a good idea to take your Deville to a mechanic, to get an estimate on the repairs.
- Write down what you think needs to be done in order to restore a 1976 Cadillac Deville. For example, if the paint is rusted, the tires are shot or the engine will not turn over, put those items down on your list. Once you have a mechanic give the car an inspection, more than likely they will be able to tell you everything that needs to be done to make the car road-worthy.
- Contact a local Cadillac dealer to find parts for a 1976 Cadillac Deville. Ask to speak with the parts department, and give them the list that you and your mechanic have come up with. See if they can find any of the parts, and ask how much the total bill is to purchase the items you need. Also check on how long it will take to receive your parts order.
- If a 1976 Cadillac Deville needs body work, ask the Cadillac dealer to give you an estimate. You should also check with an independent body shop, to compare the cost to what the Cadillac dealer is charging. You may want to wait to get the car painted until after your mechanic is done installing the replacement parts.
- If the interior is damaged, have an upholsterer look at the car. If you want to restore a 1976 Cadillac Deville to what it originally looked like, tell the upholsterer to do their best to match the seats and carpeting. Try to set an appointment for them to work on the car, after the mechanic and body shop have finished with their repairs.
- Once you finish restoring a 1976 Cadillac Deville, you may want to get it appraised. Take the car to a classic car dealer, or have an independent auto appraiser look it over. Unless you are emotionally attached to the vehicle, you may be able to get the collector car owner to buy it from you for a good price. You can also consider selling it on your own, by using the internet or a local newspaper to advertise.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.