How To Restore Iphone
If you want to restore your iPhone, it doesn't take long to do so. You may want to restore your iPhone to the factory settings if you plan to sell it or you may want to restore it because of a glitch or problem. You only need to connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes to get started.
To restore your iPhone you will need:
- iPhone USB cable
- Connect your iPhone to the computer. Before you can restore your iPhone, you need to connect it to the computer with the iPhone USB cable.
- Open iTunes. If iTunes doesn't open automatically when you connect your iPhone, go to the programs list on your computer and click iTunes.
- Make sure you have the most recent version of iTunes. You will be notified when you open iTunes if you need to update your software. Click "Download iTunes" to get the latest version of iTunes if you don't already have it and your software will be updated.
- Select your iPhone. Look to the "Devices" section of the menu to the left of the screen and select your iPhone.
- View your iPhone summary. After you select your iPhone, click the "Summary" tab located in the iTunes toolbar. You can view information about your iPhone here
- Choose to restore your iPhone. After the Summary page opens, look to the section labeled "Version" and click the "Restore" button.
- Back up your iPhone. After you click the "Restore" button, a box will open asking if you want to back up your iPhone before restoring it. Either click "Back Up" or "Don't Back Up."
- Restore your iPhone. After the iPhone files are backed up, a box will open asking you to verify that you want to restore your iPhone. Click "Restore."
- Keep your phone connected until the restore is finished. Don't disconnect your iPhone from the computer until your iPhone displays the following text: "iPhone is activated."
- Set up your iPhone. After the iPhone restore is complete, select your device on iTunes and either choose to restore settings from an earlier date or set the phone up as a new iPhone (with factory settings).