How To Restore iPod Shuffle
Learning how to restore an iPod shuffle is not hard and it only takes a few steps. All owners of an iPod Shuffle should know how to do this. It is important to know that when you restore your iPod Shuffle you will erase all songs and files, so be sure to back up the files you have on your iPod Shuffle before you start this process.
- Connect your iPod Shuffle to your computer via the USB cable that came with your iPod. Once this is connected open iTunes. You should see your iPod shuffle on the left side of iTunes under Devices
- Click on your iPod Shuffle under Devices. A summary window will open that allows you to change the settings of your iPod Shuffle.
- Click on the Restore button that is in the middle of the iPod Shuffle’s summary window. You will see four restore options. You are able to completely restore your iPod Shuffle, restore it and update the software to a newer version, restore it to the version already on the iPod or restore using the newest software. Choose the option that you would like.
- You will see a progress bar come up on your screen when the restore process starts. It is very important that you do not disconnect your iPod Shuffle from your computer until the restore is finished.
- The iPod Shuffle’s status light will begin flashing orange. This tells you the restore process is finished. You can now put music back onto your iPod Shuffle using iTunes.
Your iPod Shuffle should now be restored and, if everything has gone right, you should be back to enjoying your music.