It’s a good idea to learn how to restore a retro style fridge. Retro fridges are super cool and can look great in almost every home. Older homes can have an updated look simply by giving your fridge and appliances a nice makeover. Adding a fresh coat of paint can do wonders for your retro fridge. There are other ways to completely refurbish your fridge. You can send an old fridge out to a refurbishing company and have the electrical components updated. This might save you money on your electricity, but completely refurbishing your fridge is very expensive. If you want to buy one that’s already refurbished, that’s an option too. Lots of companies refurbish and even recreate old retro fridges. You should research the costs associated if you are interested. The cheapest way, however, is to simply add some new paint and give your retro fridge a fresh new look. A retro fridge looks great in a kitchen or even game room. Retro fridges can really complete a vintage kitchen. The best and easiest way to go about sprucing up your kitchen is to give an old fridge a good cleaning and start painting.
In order to restore a retro style fridge, you will need:
- Sandpaper (120 grit)
- Blue painting tape
- 2 cans of spray paint
- 1 can of clear coat
- Clean the exterior extremely well. You should use a high powered degreaser in order to remove years of grime.
- Remove all decals and sand down the surfaces you will be painting.
- Use tape and newspaper to seal off the areas that you don’t want painted.
- Start spray painting the outside of the fridge. Make sure you paint during a time when there is no wind.
- Apply second coat after allowing to dry for several hours.
- Take can of clear coat and apply a third coat. Let this final coat dry overnight.
- Reattached the decals and you’re done.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.