If you have a motorcycle that has faded, you need to know how to restore sun-bleached plastic motorcycle parts so you can get your bike looking good again. While it is not overly difficult to clean up sun-bleached motorcycle parts, it will require some time and effort to get the job done right. Try to clean the plastic first, to see if that helps. If you need to use chemicals or paint, go to a home improvement or paint store to find the right materials.
To restore sun-bleached plastic motorcycle parts you will need:
- Plastic restoration chemical
- Paint and painting tools
- Try rubbing some Vaseline on the sun-bleached plastic motorcycle parts. While this sounds simple, it may restore your faded plastic enough for you to be satisfied with the appearance of your bike. Simply rub some Vaseline on the sun-bleached plastic motorcycle parts, let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe the parts off with a rag. If this worked, your task is complete and you are good to go.
- If Vaseline does not work, try a plastic restoration product. Go to a home improvement or paint store and ask the clerk for help choosing the right restoration product. Follow the instructions on the container, and see if this does the trick.
- If the restoration chemical did not satisfy you, you will need to paint the plastic. Since you have tried two methods that did restore sun-bleached plastic motorcycle parts to your liking, sanding the parts and painting them is your only alternative to a total replacement. Sand the motorcycle parts gently until most of the paint is gone. Make sure the surface of the parts is smooth, or try a different type of sandpaper. You may want to consult with someone at the home improvement store for help choosing the right kind of sandpaper.
- Once the parts are completely sanded, paint them to finish the job. When you restore sun-bleached plastic motorcycle parts using paint, you need the right kind or the plastic will not look good. Ask the paint store employee to recommend the paint to use for the job. Use a primer as well on the faded parts. Spray the paint on after the primer dries, and add a second or third coat if the parts are still a bit dull. Let the paint dry, and your restoration should be complete.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.