If you are getting ready to retire, then you should know how to retire in Thailand, a beautiful country of sprawling fields and an ancient culture. Many people spend time trying to manage a way to have a comfortable retirement. This is something looked forward to by people their whole lives, sitting on the beach, hunting, fishing or just playing board games with friends. Some places in the world are better retirement spots than others. Thailand is a place that easily fits into this category of the best places to retire.
- If you are young enough and are sure this is a place you will love to spend your relaxing years in, consider buying property. A retirement cottage can be small. The up-keep on a conventional home can be difficult and expensive.
- If you are not a native, become familiar with the laws. Knowing the rules of the game will always help to keep anyone out of harm's way.
- Research available reputable real estate agent. There is no possible way anyone can be an expert on everything. Having someone who knows the property laws will be an asset to you for when you decide to purchase or rent a place there.
- Decide how much will be needed to take care of bills each month including food and utilities. A reasonable amount of retirement money should take care of a person in Thailand. With a much lower cost of living, a retiree can live off less than half of what it takes in the US.
- The number of cities and countryside villages are numerous so take your pick of the local scenery: Nong Khai, Chiang Rai, Phuket or Hua Hin. Take a trip and pick a comfortable location.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …