Is the seat on your bike getting a little ragged and you want to know how to reupholster a sportbike seat? Ridding around with holes or foam sticking out of your seat is not an attractive site and can ruin the appearance of your once-beautiful sportbike. Reupholstering your sportbike seat can give your bike a totally new and refreshing look. You can reupholster a sportbike seat yourself with the right materials and save yourself plenty of time and money.
To reupholster a sportbike seat, you'll need:
- Seat cover (that fits your sportbike's model)
- Staple gun
- Purchase a seat cover. You can either go to a motorcycle bike shop or look online to make your purchase. Make sure to look for a seat cover that fits the make and model of your sportbike.
- Remove the staples underneath your sportbike seat. Take the seat off the bike and turn it upside down. Look where the seat cover was attached. Carefully remove the staples using either a screwdriver or pliers. It can be a little rough to remove the staples. Be careful and make sure not to damage the seat with the tools.
- Remove the old seat cover. Once all the staples are out of the seat cover, pull the seat cover off to remove it from the sportbike seat.
- Install the new seat cover. Take the new seat cover and place it on the seat with the seat turned right side up. Turn the seat upside down again. Make sure all foam and any loose ends of the seat are pushed in.
- Secure the seat cover. Use a staple gun to staple the sportbike seat cover against the seat. Carefully work your way around the entire seat with the staple gun as you keep the seat cover tight and secure. Reattach your reupholstered seat cover and enjoy your new ride.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.