Learn about how to revamp T-shirts and take your wardrobe from dull to dazzling. T-shirts are comfortable and convenient to wear, but when you want a new look, it's easy to experiment with these relatively inexpensive blank slates. Whether you're in a rock band and want an outrageous, one-of-a-kind looking T-shirt, or you just need to jazz up your wardrobe, revamp T-shirts to give new life to the hum drum.
To revamp T-shirts, you will need:
- Fabric dye in several colors
- Rubber bands
- Safety pins
- Sewing machine
- Sewing notions such as thread, needle
- Tie-dye a T-shirt. Tie-dyeing a T-shirt is a great way to revamp it. Start with a white T-shirt and begin twisting sections and affixing them with rubber bands to hold the sections in place. Follow the directions on the fabric dye packets to tie-dye the T-shirts.
- Cut off the collar. To revamp a T-shirt to give it a totally different look, cut off the collar to form a loose neckline.
- Make cut outs on a T-shirt. For an outrageous look, revamp a T-shirt by cutting out sections of the shirt. Lace can be made by cutting strips into the T-shirt parallel to one another to form interesting sections that can be stylish and fashion forward.
- Remove the sleeves. Make a tank top style shirt by cutting the sleeves off a T-shirt.
- Add safety pins. Use an array of safety pins to revamp T-shirts. Add them on the bottom as sections of fringe or cut holes then use the safety pins to join the fabric back together in a rustic, organic way.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.