Learn about how to revamp T-shirts and take your wardrobe from dull to dazzling. T-shirts are comfortable and convenient to wear, but when you want a new look, it's easy to experiment with these relatively inexpensive blank slates. Whether you're in a rock band and want an outrageous, one-of-a-kind looking T-shirt, or you just need to jazz up your wardrobe, revamp T-shirts to give new life to the hum drum.
To revamp T-shirts, you will need:
- Fabric dye in several colors
- Rubber bands
- Safety pins
- Sewing machine
- Sewing notions such as thread, needle
- Tie-dye a T-shirt. Tie-dyeing a T-shirt is a great way to revamp it. Start with a white T-shirt and begin twisting sections and affixing them with rubber bands to hold the sections in place. Follow the directions on the fabric dye packets to tie-dye the T-shirts.
- Cut off the collar. To revamp a T-shirt to give it a totally different look, cut off the collar to form a loose neckline.
- Make cut outs on a T-shirt. For an outrageous look, revamp a T-shirt by cutting out sections of the shirt. Lace can be made by cutting strips into the T-shirt parallel to one another to form interesting sections that can be stylish and fashion forward.
- Remove the sleeves. Make a tank top style shirt by cutting the sleeves off a T-shirt.
- Add safety pins. Use an array of safety pins to revamp T-shirts. Add them on the bottom as sections of fringe or cut holes then use the safety pins to join the fabric back together in a rustic, organic way.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …