How to Reverse Aging
People have been wondering how to reverse aging for ages. If you have ever looked at a candid photo of yourself and been shocked, this article is for you. Learn several things you can do that will make a definite impact on your appearance and overall health. Implement one or all of these ideas to seemingly reverse aging in your body.
- Exercise is key. Move your body while you still can. Walk, then run if you can. Stay active. Reverse aging by not letting yourself get weak. Continue, or start, to do push ups. Push ups build your core strength and can be done without any special equipment. If regular push ups are too difficult, start by doing wall push ups; stand facing a wall with your arms outstretched, then slowly lean into the wall and push off.
- Drink more water. Hydrate your body. Give your skin and internal organs something to work with. Dehydration is a problem for many people. Simply drinking the correct amount of water can help solve many of the problems associated with aging and poor health.
- Eliminate soda. Soda wreaks havoc with your teeth. Nothing says "old" like a mouthful of dentures. Save your choppers by just saying no to the soda pop.
- Brush and floss daily and get regular dental check ups. See reasons above, plus studies have linked poor dental hygiene to heart problems and other ailments.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is essential for reversing aging. While you sleep your body can recharge and rebuild. Skimping on sleep also adds to your stress level, the next item on the list.
- Stop stressing. Do your best to reduce your stress level. Or, learn to manage your response to problems by stepping back and looking at the big picture. Your health is more important than many of the items that cause us stress. If you want to reverse aging, then take this step seriously.
- Make plans for the future. Having many things to look forward to is a great way to reverse aging. Plan what you want to do ten years from now, twenty years from now and so on. Make an ever-evolving list of things you want to try, accomplish and experience.
- Eat closer to nature. Up your intake of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and organic foods. Eat less fatty meat, fried foods, sugar and processed foods. Reverse aging by tackling these monsters in your kitchen.
- Supplement your diet with vitamins. This step is important, especially if you have been depriving your body of whole foods for a long time. Rebuild and maintain your new ageless body with vitamin E, vitamin C and a good quality multi-vitamin.
- Eat less overall. Lose excess weight. Losing weight reduces stress on your system. There are also numerous studies that suggest that a reduced calorie diet can add years to your life.
- Stop smoking; seriously, this is not a test. If you want to reverse aging, do not light up anymore—ever. Smoking can cause heart disease and lung problems and can wrinkle you up like a raisin.
- Drink in moderation. If you are serious about reversing aging, then you need to stop damaging your genes, killing your brain cells and inflaming your liver. However, a glass or two of wine may be beneficial.