Headphones are easy to break, but fortunately it is just as easy to learn how to rewire headphones. By learning to rewire headphones you will save yourself money, especially since most of what you will need to use to fix your headphones can be found around your home. You will just need to take a few minutes to get the job done.
To rewire headphones, you will need:
- Duct tape
- A knife or a wire stripper
- A soldering gun or a BBQ lighter
- Do some troubleshooting to find out exactly what is wrong with your headphones. If there is a lot of static, then you probably have a frayed connection. This can usually be fixed after you have found the bad connection spot.
- Find the bad connection spot. Listen to your headphones and run your finger down the wire. You will find a spot in your headphones where it either gets clearer or has more static. This is where the bad connection in your headphones is.
- Unplug the headphones and cut the wire casing. Make sure you don’t cut the wires, just the casing.
- Repair the wire. Pull the casing back to reveal the fray. Cut the wires and twist them back together. Make sure to match the colors properly (black to black, white to white, etc.).
- Check the wires. If you still aren’t getting any sound in your headphones, there may be a loose connection in the headphones themselves, not in the wire.
- Fuse the wires in your headphones together with a soldering iron. Inspect the fuse to ensure that the wires are properly attached in order to ensure conductivity. Fold the wire casing back down and patch it with electrical tape.
Knowing how to fix your own headphones can be very useful. Not only will it save you money, but it will also salvage your favorite pair of headphones. So, the next time your headphones break, try to rewire your headphones yourself.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!