How To Ride A 2000 Harley Sportster
Need to know how to ride a 2000 Harley Sportster? You've come to the right place. It is very fun to ride motorcycles in general, but the Harley Sportster is unique in a way. We'll let you figure that out on your own. Overall, it's very fun to ride a 2000 Harley Sportster and we'll teach you how to do this. Before you go out on a ride, make sure you put on your helmet, your gloves, jeans, and a jacket. The jacket should be made out of leather, but if you don't have one, then you should at least try to wear a jean jacket.
- Get on the Harley Sportster. Throw your leg over motorcycle and straddle the bike. Get a feel for the Harley Sportster and recognize where everything is. Make sure you know where the brakes are and where the throttle is, where the gauges are, etc.
- Start the engine. Insert the key into the keyhole and turn the key clockwise or forwards. Now, wait for the engine to warm up, which should take about a minute and avoid revving the engine at this time. You should do this because any motorcycle engine runs at its best when it is warm.
- Kick the kick-stand up. The kick-stand should be on the left side of the Harley Sportster (should be next to your left foot). Just kick it backwards.
- Back out of the driveway if you are on one (this step can be skipped if you didn't park on a driveway). If you parked backwards, place your feet on the ground and do a sort of "walking backwards" motion while sitting on the seat. However, if you parked forward, then just get your feet off the ground and your Harley Sportster should go down the driveway naturally. Then get onto the street.
- Accelerate your Harley Sportster. Do this by turning the right handlebar grip. Be careful not to accelerate too much otherwise you could cause an accident.
- Turning. To turn your Harley Sportster, lean to the side you want to turn to. Then turn the handlebars the direction you want to turn.
- Enjoy the ride!