How To Ride A 2001 Harley Sportster
If you are interested in learning how to ride a 2001 Harley Sportster motorcycle, make sure you know how to handle the bike before you try to take it for a ride. A 2001 Harley Sportster is one of the lighter Harley Davidson motorcycles, and is considered by many to be difficult to ride. If you do not know how to ride a motorcycle at all, it is a good idea to practice on a smaller bike, until you are confident in your skills.
Things You May Need:
- Motorcycle license and insurance coverage
- Proper attire and footwear
- Obtain the proper licensing and insurance before you ride a 2001 Harley Sportster. While this may sound a bit simplistic, many novice riders think that just because they have a driver’s license they can also ride a motorcycle. You will also need to contact your insurance agent to get coverage when you are going to ride a 2001 Harley Sportster.
- Sit down on a 2001 Harley Sportster motorcycle and check the bike over. Even if you are already an experienced motorcycle rider, look over the bike before you ride it, to become familiar with how to operate it properly. Put on your helmet and gloves if you are wearing a pair, and make sure you also have on suitable clothing and footwear.
- Start a 2001 Harley Sporster, then take it for an easy ride. Get used to the throttle and brakes, and take some easy turns. Learn how to operate the clutch and how to shift gears smoothly. Stay away from traffic until you are comfortable with the way that the bike handles. After you practice for awhile, take the motorcycle out into traffic.
- Keep your cool when you are riding on the highway. If this is your first time riding a Harley Davidson, it can be an exhilarating experience, so do not go wild and try to pass everything in sight. Ride your 2001 Harley Sportster motorcycle with pride, and make sure to keep it serviced on a regular basis. You should also store it in a dry place, so you can keep it out of the weather.