How To Ride A Wakeboard
Summertime is here and if you are looking for something new and fun to do, you may want to learn how to ride a wakeboard. You may have seen your friends riding one or professionals riding a wakeboard on TV. This sport probably looked like a lot of fun and it really is.
To ride a wakeboard you will need:
- A wakeboard
- Wakeboard rope
- A life jacket
- A boat
- Decide you will be riding with your left or your right foot forward. The easiest way to do figure out what foot you want to use is by running and sliding on a slick surface to see what foot you are more comfortable with on your wakeboard.
- Put your feet into the binding of the boat once you are on the water. This will be easier to do if your boat has a rear deck. Splash some water onto the bindings so that they are easier to get into.
- Once in the water roll onto your back and let the boat driver pull the rope to you. After you grab onto the rope, let the driver take up the slack.
- Get up on your wakeboard. Pull your knees to your chest, hold the wakeboard perpendicular to the boat and pull the rope over top of the boat.
- Keep your legs bent as the boat begins pulling you up. Allow the boat to do all of the work for you.
- Allow yourself to be pulled parallel with the boat as your wakeboard pulls you along. Now you can begin to stand up slowly.
Now that you have learned to ride a wakeboard you can start learning how to do tricks on your wakeboard. Some of the tricks that you can do when you ride a wakeboard include surface tricks and wakeboard jumps. Just make sure that you wakeboard softly by using a spotter at all times.