How To Rip Bluray Movies
Learning how to rip Bluray movies is similar in some ways to the DVD ripping process. You will need different hardware and software for this process though. Bluray movies can be played back at a very high quality and can look great on higher resolution computer screens. Some Bluray movies, when purchased, include a downloadable digital copy of the movie that you might consider getting before going through the hassle of ripping the bluray movie yourself. Follow these steps to rip a bluray movie.
What you will need:
- Windows Computer
- Large amount of free hard drive space
- Bluray computer drive
- Install AnyDVD HD. This is a driver that removes the security on discs and allows them to be ripped.
- Install RipBot264. This program contains codecs that are needed to play files.
- Run AnyDVD. Choose the option to rip DVD to the hard disk. Set the folder where the video will be saved. This can take a lot of space, around 50 GB or more.
- Allow the program to rip the disk. This can take several hours.
- Install VLC in order to play the movie. This is a media player which works with many formats.
- Open the folder where the video was saved. In the folder called BDMV/STREAMS, play the largest file with the .m2ts extension in VLC. This should play the movie on your computer from the hard disk.
- The security features that companies put on disks can sometimes make bluray disks very difficult or impossible to rip.
- Never sell copies of bluray disks as this is illegal. Only copy disks that you own.