How To River Rafting
Need to know how to go river rafting? As fast as water rapids begin, they also cease. You can find yourself in the thick of some intense rapids even if you were floating down the river in calm water not long ago. The next set of rough rapids will certainly be enough to get your adrenaline pumping again. River rafting is often seen as a dangerous sport, but you can eliminate many of the dangers by using a white water rafting company that provides guided rides. The years of experience the river rafting company has will help you to remain safe and have a lot of fun as you begin learning how to go river rafting.
- Research places where you want to river raft. You may decide to river raft a river near you, or you may be traveling elsewhere. Read up on all the rafting options you have.
- Call rafting companies and speak with each of them. Once you decide where you will be rafting, call up all of the rafting companies that operate in that area. Explain to them that you are a beginner and want to go white water rafting on a river. They will give you the options you have along with a price quote.
- Determine which level of rapids you want to attempt. White water rafting rapids are classified on a one to six scale. Class one is very calm water and class six is extremely hard and dangerous rapids. Most river rafting tours have various options available but will usually give you a choice of which rapid class you want to attempt. Class three and four rapids are a huge rush for beginners. Class one and two rapids are generally for families with young kids. Class five rapids are rarely offered for beginner rafters, and class six rapids will not be offered to beginners by reputable rafting companies.
- Listen to directions. Before you begin rafting, the company will give you instructions. Follow all instructions. Listen to what they teach you. Even if you are only rafting on class three rapids, it can still be lethal if you get thrown out of the raft. The instructions they give you could save your life in such an event.
- Relax and have fun. The main thing is to relax. You are white water rafting with experts. If you relax and enjoy yourself you will have a lot of fun. If you are tense and scared you have a better chance of getting thrown from the raft.