How To Run A Faster 40 Yard Dash
Learning how to run a faster 40-yard dash takes dedication and hard work. Some people are just born fast, and a 40-yard dash is nothing for them. Others have to work at improving their 40-yard dash time. This article is meant to help those who were not born with the speed of a gazelle. Running a faster 40-yard dash will require you to concentrate on the fundamentals and strength. The 40-yard dash is a short distance for a runner, and the importance of a quick start is key. Burst speed on a 40-yard dash is what will get you in motion quicker and improve your time. Let’s take a look at how to run faster in the 40-yard dash.
To run a faster 40-yard dash, you will need:
- A solid pair of running shoes
- Access to a gym or free weights
- Protein drinks
- A place to run
- Running a faster 40-yard dash will take dedication and hard work. The first area you want to concentrate on is leg strength. Weight training, such as leg curls, leg lifts and squats, will help build muscle in your legs.
- Develop a routine of weight training mixed with resistance training. Parachute and sled running, as well as elastic bands, can help you accomplish this. The resistance will build stamina and cardiovascular endurance, which is important as well. Use this technique to work the burst by sprinting from the start against the resistance.
- Do not underestimate a good pair of running shoes. Running shoes are specifically built for running. Getting a pair of sprinting shoes will allow you to run faster based on the design and weight of the shoe. Finally, use the protein drinks to replace vital nutrients and assist in the building of muscle.