So, you want to learn how to run a hot food cart? A hot food cart is simply a fast food restaurant on wheels. All cities seem to have them now and are very popular. Some food carts have in fact become more popular then regular restaurants. Everyone knows about the famous New York city hot dog carts. Here are some tips needed to know when running a hot food cart.
You will need:
- A food cart
- Start up money
- A Menu
- Food provider to get supplies
- You will need to know the laws in the area. Where you can place the cart, if you can place the cart in the city and if there is a cap or availability needs to be known. You are also going to want to place your cart in high foot traffic areas or areas where businesses are. Once this is done, you can go get the permit or license you need.
- Look to see if financing is needed. Carts cost less than actual restaurants but you still may need some money to get everything up and running. Also, make sure you have enough money saved and back up money for emergencies or something else you may need.
- Next, you will need to purchase a cart and think of a name for your company. The name is important because it is going to stick around for some time and will become the face of the company.
- Hiring staff is the next step. Figuring out who will be working for you and what shifts. Also, now is a good time to figure out when you want your cart to open and close and what days.
- Next is the menu. Figure out what foods you want to serve, which drinks and for how much. You will need something for customers to see when they come to order food.
- Buy the food needed for your cart. It is best to find a supplier so you can buy in bulk but make sure you have enough food. Also, you will need napkins, utensils and plates.
Owning a hot food cart is a lot of work and is time consuming but if you really want to do it, it can be done.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …