Among the many benefits of running, running helps cardiovascular health. What does parts of your cardiovascular system does it help, specifically? Basically everything:
- Makes Breathing Muscles Stronger. Longer distance running is an aerobic activity, which means it's bound to help your breathing capabilities and your blood circulation. Your lung capacity is greatly enhanced by running.
- Makes Heart Bigger. Literally, your heart gets stronger from running. A stronger heart means that your resting heart rate is lower and your heart can pump blood more efficiently. This allows more oxygen and blood to get passed to other muscles.
- Reduce Blood Pressure. Since running conditions your heart to pump blood more effectively, your blood pressure is reduced and, with it, so are all the diseases related to high blood pressure.
- Higher Red Blood Cell Count. Running increases the production of red blood cells, which transport oxygen throughout the body.
- Higher Energy Levels. Training your body with running will end up expanding your body's threshold for overall energy output. Simply put–your overall capacity for activity will be increased.
Running helps cardiovascular health immensely, but it also has numerous mental and emotional benefits. Some research suggests that it may improve memory and brain functions and it has been proven to reduce depression, risk of diabetes, and stress enormously. All of these can have negative effects on cardiovascular health. The bottom line is that running helps cardiovascular health and, by doing so, reduces your risk of catching cancers and other illnesses associated with poor cardiovascular health.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.