If you would like to know how safe is it to fly with a broken femur, read on for detailed information. Most doctors, and airlines with strict rules don’t advise their patients to fly with a fresh cast that has been fitted 24-48 hours previous to their flight. This is because a recent injury can cause compartment syndrome, where high altitude can cause swelling, and decrease blood supply. Read on for safety tips on how to fly with a broken femur.
- Most airlines will require a doctor’s note granting the passenger permission to fly with a broken femur. Have the letter handy in case you have to show it several times before you board.
- Keep your health care card on you, and get travel insurance if possible before you fly. In case you need to go to a nearby hospital once you’ve landed, always keep your medical card, and healthcare insurance information handy. Travel insurance will insure that you are covered for medical emergencies. Make sure you are covered for the trip, since you are traveling with a broken femur. Just in case of an urgent situation, they will be held liable.
- Make sure that your cast on your broken femur is loose before you fly. The pressure from high altitudes can cause swelling, and cut off your circulation. The risk is reduced with older casts, which have already expanded to accommodate any swelling.Take safety precautions, and make sure that your cast on your broken femur is loose before you fly.
- Remember to pack all your medications in your carry-on bag. If your doctor has prescribed you painkillers or anti-inflammatoriesfor you broken femur, take them before you board.
- If you don’t feel well, then do not travel. Remember that airplane seats are cramped, and depending on the length of your flight, you may be seated for an extended amount of time with a broken femur. If you’d rather be at home resting, and it isn’t an urgent need, then consider rescheduling your trip for a later date. Your safety is more important.
- Travel with a spouse friend or family member that can assist you with checking in, carrying luggage, or pushing you in a wheelchair if needed.
- Check your local weather, and the weather conditions for your destination before you book your flight, and on the day you fly. This way, you can avoid any turbulence or delays in flights.
- If at anytime you are feeling uncomfortable while on board, alert the attendant so that they can take the necessary precautions to help you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.