Eating fish is a delicious, healthy way to get more protein – read on to learn how to saute Tilapia for a quick and easy meal. The recipe shown here brightens up the flavor of this mild white fish, and provides a nice crispy crust. Serve it with coleslaw, steamed veggies, or fries for a complete meal.
- 11/2 lbs. Tilapia fillets, skinned and de-boned
- 4 tablespoons flour or corn starch
- paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- splash of white wine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 whole lime, chopped into wedges
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic slices and saute until light golden. Remove them and set aside.
- Combine flour or corn starch, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper on a plate. Dredge the Tilapia into this mixture, coating evenly. Shake off the excess, and add the Tilapia fillets to the hot pan. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, Be careful when flipping over, as this delicate fish will break easily. Corn starch doesn't get as brown as flour, so make sure not to overcook it. The Tilapia is ready when it flakes apart easily with a fork.
- Remove fish from the pan when it's cooked and set aside. Cover it with foil to keep it warm. Add the garlic and white wine into the pan, scraping up bits from the bottom. Cook for a few minutes, then add a few squeezes of lime juice and the chopped parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Tilapia on a plate with the sauce poured over. Garnish with lime wedges.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.