How To Save A Broken Marriage
If your marriage is on the rocks and you don’t want a divorce, you need to know how to save a broken marriage. Working with your wife is the only way that you can save your marriage.
- Talk about your problems calmly. Arguing will only push you apart. Instead, listen to your wife and speak calmly when you speak to her. Harsh tones and impatience during the conversation will only cause more problems and not help your marriage.
- Forgive and ask to be forgiven. Regardless of who caused the problems in the marriage, you and your wife must both be willing to forgive and to be forgiven.
- Leave the past in the past. Once you and your wife discuss your problems and move past them, don’t bring them up again.
Spend some time alone. Taking some time to yourself and giving your wife some space may help you to remember why you love each other. For some people, a day is all it takes, for others, a month may be appropriate, so you must work with your wife to decide when it is time to come together again.
- Date your wife. Spend some time alone with her. Take her on a date like you did when before you got married. The key is to enjoy some stress free time where you can get to know one another again and remember why you got married.
- Seek help from a relationship professional. if you and your wife can’t work things out on your own. An outside opinion may help you to both realize what you need to do to work things out. A priest, pastor or counselor may be able to help you and your wife find common ground.
Posted on: Sep. 23, 2010