How To Save With Coupons
Many people that are looking to save money on their grocery bill need to know how to save with coupons. Coupons allow grocery shoppers to get high quality items at a lower price. Though you could just use coupons whenever it is convenient, taking the time to learn how to really save money with coupons is worth your while. Here is how to make the most of the coupons you clip.
- Look online and in your local Sunday paper for coupons. Find free printable coupons online at sites or pick up a few Sunday papers whenever there are good coupons in them. Using both sources for coupons will ensure you always have coupons for items you need.
- Clip coupons for the items you already buy. If you are buying things that you will not use because there is a coupon, then you are not saving money. So, only clip a coupon if it is for an item that you typically buy.
- Organize your coupons so you can find what you need easily. Coupons won’t save you money if you cannot find them. So get a small accordion file and organize your coupons so you can find them easily. This will make you more likely to use the items you clipped.
- Only use a coupon when it will save you money over other options. Make sure to look at generic brands and competitor brands to see if there is a better deal without the coupon. Sometimes even with a coupon you can find the same item cheap by buying another brand. So look around to make sure that your coupon is actually saving you money.
- Read the fine print on your coupons. Some coupons are worded in a way to make you think you are saving more money than you really are. So if you want to avoid any surprises at the checkout, read over the coupon several times to make sure you know exactly how much you are saving.
- Combine your manufacturer’s coupons with in-store coupons, e-coupons and sales. The best way to save money with coupons is to stack different types of discounts together to get the best deal possible. Most people know that they should use their coupons whenever that item is on sale. However, most do not know you can combine these manufacturer coupons with coupons the store puts out and e-coupons from websites for the greatest savings. So look at all of these options before heading to the store.
- Get your coupons doubled or tripled if possible. There are many grocery stores that will double and triple coupons that you have. Take advantage of these savings as it can turn a good coupon into a great one. Simply do an Internet search for stores in your area that will double and triple coupons.
- Stock up when you find a great deal. You never know when another good coupon deal will come along, so stock up whenever you find a good deal. Typically purchasing enough for three months will give you enough of that item to get you through until the next good coupon comes along. This way, you will never have to pay full price for that item again.