How To Save Money On Gas
Want to learn how to save money on gas? It is not that hard, all it takes is for you to adjust a few things here and there. The overall result will be well worth the effort, once you see that your gas bill is lower each month.
- Don't drive as much. Only drive to places where you really must go, and limit going to places that you know are just wasting your gas. If you take a look at where you drive to, you will see that many of the places that you go to are not that important.
- Start to car pool with friends and co-workers. Instead of you paying $5 to go to work every day, why not car pool with one other person and save $2.50 to work each day. After many months of doing this, your gas expenses will drop, not to mention the lessened amount of wear and tear you place on your car.
- Let off the pedal when coasting into stop lights. This can save a lot of gas if you make a habit of doing it. It just takes discipline to always remember to do it. A lot of gas is wasted by people pressing down on the gas pedal when coming up on a red light or stop sign. You know that you are going to have to stop, so why not use that time to save your gas.
- Purchase a gas fuel saver unit. You can buy these from commercial auto stores. They will contain fluid you can place inside your car's tank that will help in lowering the amount of fuel used by your car.
- Lower the amount of weight that is inside your car. It is very simple. The more weight that is inside your car; the more fuel your car uses per mile. When your car has more weight added to it, it has to work harder which in turn it uses more gas.
Posted on: May. 03, 2010