How To Save Money On Groceries
In todays's struggling economy, we all want to know how to save money on groceries. There are many ways to do it. You certainly don't always have to get brand name foods. You can still shop for many of your favorite foods and not spend three hours a week clipping coupons. These ideas will work whether you are single or a family of six.
- Know what you eat. Get a rough idea of what your household will eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack for the week. Or extend it to a week and a half, but if you go that far out you will probably have to pick up a few staples during that extra time lap (milk, soda).
- Generic brands. Consider trying off brands of your favorite foods. With some foods you can get away with getting the store brand of a food product and there is little if any taste difference. Other times, that won't work. But it will save a dollar or more depending on what it is. Another great way to save money on groceries.
- Farmer's Markets Try making some of your meals from scratch. Or make some of your bread, pasta and other baked goods from scratch to save money on groceries. Get vegetables from your local farmers market to save money on groceries.
- Keep it Homemade Condiments like ketchup, mustard and other sauces can actually be made from scratch to save money on groceries. Or buy the off brand and literally save a few dollars. There is absolutely no taste difference with many of these.
- Discount Grocery Stores Go to a discount grocery store for some of your items to save money on groceries.
- Keep Track Track and compare your grocery list and what your household consumes when you try these ideas. Adjust your list and play around with it until it really works for your family to save money on groceries. With all of these grocery savings, you may even find yourself looking forward to grocery shopping.