How To Save Money At The Grocery Store
Learn how to save money at the grocery store so you can spend on other things, like dating. Saving money, it can be done. Look over these tips to find out what to do and how to save money when grocery shopping.
- Buy generic. There really is no need to buy name brand products. Generic are just as good and as a matter of fact big companies selling products to groceries stores and the store places their name on it.
- Buy in bulk. Buying bulk food items is a way to save money at the grocery store. Most stores have bulk items available. The bulk items in the long run are cheaper than regular items. Word to the wise though, only buy in bulk if you know you are going to use it. This is a great way to save money at the grocery store.
- Canned or frozen instead of fresh. Maybe not the healthiest but it is a money saver. Canned vegetables are cheap and fresh fruit and vegetables cans range from $2 to $5. This is a simple and easy way to save at the grocery store and your food will not go bad.
- Check the bakery late in the day for clearance baked goods. Check the bakery section later in the day. The bakery is eager to get rid of breads, pastries and cakes and will sell them at half the price. You can also freeze bread you buy and use it at a later date.
- Buy in season items. Check what is fresh and in what season. Out of season fruits and vegetables will always be more expensive since they are harder to come by and have to be imported usually.
- Clip coupons. Check your newspaper, especially on Sundays. Coupons come out on Sundays and are a great way to save money. Just be sure to check the expiration dates. Keep an envelope to keep the coupons and use them when grocery shopping.
- Make a list and stick to it. Avoid looking at everything else and go for what is on your list. It may be tempting to look at other things but just stick to the list and it will help you save at the grocery store.
Posted on: Aug. 25, 2010