How To Save Streaming Audio
If you're an avid listener of streaming audio from the internet, then sooner or later you'll want to learn how to save streaming audio. Saving streaming audio is not that difficult, and it can be free, too! Follow these instructions to learn how to save streaming audio to your computer.
To save streaming audio, you will need:
- A PC running Windows XP or Vista
- Access to the internet
- FreeCorder software
- Internet Explorer or Firefox browser
- Access to a source of streaming audio
- Get started. Turn on your computer, open your internet browser and verify that the toolbar for the FreeCorder software that you will be using to save the streaming audio appears in your browser window.
- Find your stream. In your browser, navigate to the place where you'd like to save your streaming audio from, such as an internet radio site.
- Set the settings. Click on the "Settings" button in the FreeCorder toolbar and verify that there is a checkmark next to the setting for recording streaming audio from the FreeCorder audio driver. Be sure to set the appropriate output format and destination directory while you are choosing settings. Most commonly you will be using the MP3 output format to save streaming audio.
- Start saving your streaming audio. After you've chosen your settings, you can click the record button in the FreeCorder toolbar when you are ready to start saving the audio streaming from the internet site you chose.
- Stop saving the audio. When you are ready to stop saving the streaming audio, simply press the stop button on the FreeCorder toobar.