Learn how to scratch on turntables if you want to become a DJ. Scratching adds to any music when learning the techniques to spinning records. Practice beginner-scratching methods and then work your way up to more advanced techniques.
To scratch on turntables, you will need:
- Vinyl record
- Turn on the volume. Turn up the volume to the turntable before starting. If you are a beginner, any turntable will do for how to scratch on turntables. There is no specific one needed.
- Place the record on the turntable. If you have not already placed the record on the turntable, go ahead and do it now. Find the starting place where the sound begins on the record. Mark the start for the scratch with a black permanent marker or some other color.
- Place on or two fingers in the middle of the record. Find a spot that is comfortable to start scratching. The middle of the record is the best place to learn how to scratch on turntables.
- Follow the record. While the record spins, follow the direction with your finger. Place just enough pressure on the record to create the sound but not enough to slow or stop it.
- Turn the volume down. After creating the scratch with following the record, turn the volume down.
- Bring the record back to the starting position. Now with the volume turned down, bring the record back to the starting position. Use the finger to wind it back toward you to practice how to scratch on turntables.
- Turn the volume back up. Practice step four through step seven a few times to get the hang of how to scratch on turntables.
- Add music. Add some beats or music and practice scratching along with the tempo.
- Graduate to advanced levels. Once you get the hang of how to scratch on turntables as a beginner, move onto more advanced techniques.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."