How To Seduce Someone
Need to know how to seduce someone? Being a player isn't all about good looks, expensive cars and fat wallets—although nobody can deny that those things do help—it's also about knowing how to seduce someone. Having the right moves and knowing how to perform them flawlessly may not transform you into the next George Clooney, but they can probably snag you a date for Saturday night—and maybe even some company on Sunday morning. Here are a few tips you might want to try the next time you're looking to seduce someone.
- Circle before you strike. If the object of your seduction is a stranger you've just spotted at a party, a bar or even at the gym, don't rush your approach. Let her know you're interested by making eye contact and even giving her a little smile, but play it cool and let her interest build before you actually talk to her. Give her time to wonder who you are and what you're like. Wait long enough to make her think you may not actually be interested.
- Don't open with an obvious line. Seduction is an art. It's not the same thing as just picking up a random woman at a bar, so don't lead with a pickup line. You don't want this woman interested in you as a one-night stand. You want her intrigued by you as a man. Use the time you spend circling to come up with something intelligent, original and witty to say. If you can't quite manage the perfect opening line, at least try not to drool on yourself or trip over your own feet as you approach her.
- Keep the focus on her. The only people who don't like to talk about themselves are spies, criminals and fictional booze-soaked private detectives. As long as you're not trying to seduce someone who fits into any of those categories, you shouldn't have a hard time keeping the conversation focused on her. Not only does this tactic give her the impression that you are genuinely and deeply interested in her, it also makes you seem more mysterious. In most women's vocabularies, "mysterious" and "sexy" are definitely synonyms.
- Pay attention to your body. People send out a lot of unconscious physical signals when they're trying to seduce someone. Be aware of yours. If you stand with your whole body, including your feet, facing her, you're telling her that she has your full attention. If you mimic her facial expressions or gestures, you're letting her know that you're attracted to her. Avoid crossing your arms, which signals defensiveness, or standing with your body angled away from hers, which shows distraction.
- Touch her. If you're bothering to learn how to seduce someone, it stands to reason that you're probably interested in touching her. You can, and pretty quickly after meeting her, as long as you touch her the right way. Touching her shoulder, her elbow, or the small of her back signals your interest in her and allows her to enjoy your touch without making her uncomfortable.
- Don't act desperate. You'll never seduce a woman if she thinks you're begging for it. The best players can seduce someone without the other person even knowing they were seduced. If you follow the first five steps, with a little luck she'll make the first really obvious move, whether that's asking for your phone number or inviting you back to her place. If she does, she'll think she's seducing you, but if she doesn't, use the information you learned about her while keeping to conversation focused on her, and suggest meeting for an activity that she'll find interesting. If she's at all interested, she'll pounce on the idea.