How To See Private Facebook Profiles
Knowing how to see private Facebook profiles can open up a lot of opportunities to you on this particular social networking site. Once you learn how to gain access to the private Facebook profiles and how to navigate through them, you will be able to view people’s private information, messages from Facebook friends, statuses, photo albums and friend lists.
To complete this task, you need:
- Internet connection
- Login to your Facebook account. Go to Facebook.com and enter your email address and password to login. If you don’t have an account, you can create one from the Facebook homepage.
- Find the private profile you want to see. You can either find the person through one of your current Facebook friend’s friend list, or you can use the Facebook search feature. Type the person’s name in the search box to locate them.
- Click on the person’s name once you locate the correct profile. Make sure the profile is private. Not all Facebook profiles have a private profile. Some people have profiles that are open to the public. If a box appears that says “[Name] only shares some profile information with everyone,” then you know at least some of the profile is private.
- Add the person to your list of Facebook friends. This will allow you to view the remainder of the private profile. However, it’s a two way street, meaning the person has to accept your friend request. To send this request, click “Add as Friend” from the top of the page.
- Learn to navigate the private profile once the friend request is accepted. Once you have access to the private profile, do some exploring. For example, you’ll find the main menu under the profile picture. This menu includes the wall, info, photos and friends tabs which each will give you access to different areas of the profile. For example, if you click “Info,” you see the person’s employers, college, high school, religious and political views, favorite quotes, athletes, books, movies and television, interests, pages, relationship status, email address, phone number and more. All of this information that was once private will now be available to you.