If you're looking for a quick way to earn some cash, consider putting some of your musical instruments up for sale on Craigslist. This website is completely free and offers a quick and easy way to connect with someone who may be in need of your groovy guitar or a decent set of used drums. To find out how to sell musical instruments on Craigslist in Los Angeles, follow these easy steps and you'll have the cash in hand in no time.
- Go to Craigslist.org and select your location. Los Angeles is listed under "U.S. Cities" on the right-hand side of the page.
- Create an account on Craiglist. Click the link in the upper-left corner of the page and enter your information to create a unique username and password.
- Click on "Post to Classifieds" on the left-hand side of the page. This will lead you to a page that walks you through the steps of how to sell musical instruments on Craigslist in Los Angeles.
- Choose "For Sale" from the list of posting options. This will lead you to a page where you can scroll down to select "Musical Instruments."
- Select the area closest to you. If you want to sell musical instruments on Craigslist in Los Angeles, it's helpful to narrow down the general area where you live. Although you are required to choose one of the listed areas, your post also appears on the general Los Angeles listings in the musical instruments category.
- Create a compelling title for your post. Choose a string of words that will help you sell musical instruments on Craigslist in Los Angeles. It's helpful to include a description of the instrument's condition (barely used, well-worn but inexpensive, excellent sound quality). Be sure to include the brand name, as some buyers may do a search for a specific type of instrument.
- Give an accurate but positive description of your instrument. Explain any accessories that will come with the purchase, and indicate whether you are wlling to negotiate on the price. Give details about any special features that may attract buyers.
- Upload photos of the instrument. The best advice for how to sell musical instruments on Craigslist in Los Angeles is to include at least two or three good photographs of the instrument. Before they inquire about the piece, buyers want an idea of what it looks like; this is often the deciding factor in whether they choose to contact you or not.
- Submit the posting to Craiglist. You may need to verify the post by clicking on a link sent to your email address. After that, your post should be up on the site within fifteen minutes or so.
- Re-list your posting every few days. If you haven't had success in selling musical instruments on Craigslist in Los Angeles within a few days, list your posting again, and try slightly different wording to attract new buyers.
- Complete the transaction in person. Craigslist purchases are made face-to-face, so you'll have to set up meetings with potential buyers until you find someone who's willing to give up the cash.
Now that you know how to sell musical instruments on Craigslist in Los Angeles, you can continue to make money on additional pieces or other things you don't have use for anymore.
- Be careful when interacting with potential buyers. Always be vigilant about meeting with interested buyers in person. Never meet someone alone and try to connect with them in a public place rather than at home.
- Don't relist identical posts over and over. Craigslist's system can detect identical posts and prevent you from future postings. Your posts will also be more likely to be marked as spam by Craiglist users if you post repeatedly in a short period of time.
- Rather than listing an exact address, use the nearest cross street as your location in each post. This prevents someone who really wants your instrument from breaking in to get your equipment.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.