Knowing how to sell your art can provide a bit of extra income. Whether you do it for fun or are getting into the market as a more serious artist, selling your art can be a huge step for your talent. Take the following considerations into account to learn how to sell your art.
Things you'll need:
- Access to local art galleries and stores
- Acquaintances with art contacts
- Internet connection
- Contact people you know in art. Perhaps you know someone in the industry who has a contact at a store or some other medium. Often knowing someone who has the right friend is all the exposure you need to get your foot in the door.
- Market your art to stores. This step may require some work, but it is worth it to get a shot at selling your art. Creatively market your work to stores and anywhere that sells art in your area. Anything from offering discounts and showing marketing-related materials specifically geared towards storefronts can work.
- Look towards the internet. Many individuals who are serious about getting their exposure use the internet to sell to people. While shipping expenses may affect financial considerations, this may be a great way to target art customers. This also opens up further marketing opportunities, such as using Facebook and other powerful tools. Don't forget, you don't have to sell over the internet to expose potential customers to your work; having a website showcasing your work can obtain a great deal of interest in itself. Regardless of how you want to sell, seriously consider putting your work online to showcase what you have to offer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …