How To Send A Microsoft Word Document Via Email
Need to know how to send a Microsoft Word document via email? If your friend has graciously agreed to proofread a paper for you, or if you need to send a document to someone for any other reason, you’ll need to know how to send a Microsoft Word document via email.
To send a Microsoft Word document via email, you will need:
- Microsoft Word
- An email account
- An internet connection
- Click "Start" on your Windows menu. Mouse-over "All Programs" to call up a menu of programs. Mouse-over "Microsoft Office," and click on "Microsoft Word."
- Write your desired information. In the upper left corner, click "File" or the Microsoft logo to generate a drop down menu. Click “Save.”
- Choose a folder in which to save your document. You will need to remember which folder the document is saved in to send the document via email.
- Sign in to your email account. Each email provider will have custom button names, but most follow the same process for sending Microsoft Word documents via email.
- Open a new message. Many email providers will have a “Compose Message” button, or “New” button.
- Fill in the email address of the desired recipient. You can send attachments to email accounts of other providers.
- Fill out a subject for the email. Avoid spam-heavy terms, like “Free,” and avoid using exclamation points. Using these terms and characters may cause your email to be flagged as spam.
- Write in some text into the body of the email. Your message may be brief and simply say, “Please see the attached Word document.”
- Click “Attach a file.” This will open a new window where you will browse and locate the Word document you wish to send. Ensure the document falls within your email provider’s attachment size limits. File size limits vary depending upon the provider.
- Click “Send” once you are satisfied with your email. Check your sent mail to ensure the file was sent successfully.