How To Separate Tracks On A Drum Machine
Separating tracks on a drum machine is mainly done with the help of metronome. Metronome is present inside the drum machine. We can separate tracks by combining different rhythms on a single music bar.
- Drum machines have different features and characteristics. Some tools are also required for example a music bar that describes time duration for a beat and how many times it will be repeated.
- Mainly all drum machines have saved sound tracks. These are previously recorded by professional drummers like 16 beat or 8 beat etc., and helps in giving the right beat for a song. There are many different rhythms fed inside the drum machine like salsa and groove, which helps in giving a theme for a sound track.
- For combining rhythm and sound track we need a tempo. Tempo helps in synchronizing the time period for the rhythm. To select correct timing for a tempo we need a metronome, which is software for choosing a correct tempo and is mainly present inside a drum machine. Some times we need to divide the beat and for this we need step sequence, which divides a beat to its specific note.
- After we have all the requisites. The process of separating tracks in a drum machine is initiated by deciding on a tempo. Metronome is configured in accordance with the tempo decided.
- The sequence of song recording is fed in the machine at this point. The required sound track is placed within the road session. Now a music bar is selected and installed. A music bar is capable of supporting multiple sound tracks.
- Step sequence option is run and different rhythms are combined and saved. This is done as per demand of the song. Final step involves initiating playback for confirming success.
Posted on: Aug. 22, 2010