If you want to know how to set up a 5 piece drum kit, be aware that "5 piece" refers to the main drums. These drums are the kick (or bass) drum, the snare, two rack toms and a floor tom. Most 5 piece drum kits also come with a hi-hat, a crash cymbal and a ride cymbal. Make plenty of room to set up your 5 piece drum kit.
To set up a 5 piece drum kit, you will need:
- A kick, or bass, drum
- A snare drum
- Two rack toms
- A floor tom
- A drum seat
- A carpet (to put under your drum kit)
- Stands for all the pieces
- Give yourself plenty of room to set up your 5 piece drum set. You should be able to sit comfortably on the drum seat, be able to reach the pedals and have room to reach your drum sticks to the snare and toms. Put the carpet over the area where you wish to put your drum kit. This will keep the drums from sliding when you play.
- Set the kick drum in front of your drum seat and a little to the right. Place the kick drum pedal on the kick drum and make sure that your right foot will reach it without difficulty. You may want to put a pillow or some cushioning inside your kick drum to make the sound thicker and less boomy. Some drummers put heavy objects in front of the kick drum if they tend to play the kick hard. This keeps it from sliding forward and out of reach.
- Set up the snare stand in front of you and a little to the left. Put the snare on the snare stand. Snares can be loosened for travel, so make sure your snare is tightened by adjusting the snaps on the side of the snare drum.
- On top of the kick you will see two poles. This is where you put your two rack toms. Place the smaller tom on the pole to your left and the larger rack tom on the pole to your right. Tighten them to keep them in place.
- Place the floor tom to your right on the other side of the kick drum. The floor tom has three stands that keep it up and in place.
You have now set up the drums for a 5 piece drum kit's main parts, excluding cymbals. Have fun!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.