How To Set Up Amplifiers For Cars
Installing amplifiers is only the first step because now you have to learn how to set up amplifiers for cars. In order for an amplifier to work, sound and function has to be set up correctly. Setting up an amplifier for a car incorrectly can affect the sound of your speakers and potentially ruin your speakers. Amplifiers enhance the sound of your stereo speakers. To get the best performance out of your amplifier, it is extremely important to set up the volume or gain levels properly. Just follow the following steps to learn how to set up amplifiers for cars.
Things you'll need:
- Newly installed amplifier
- Set the gain control as low as possible on your amplifier. Turn down all the additional levels on your car down as well, such as your treble and bass controls, to begin to set up the amplifier for your car.
- Adjust the radio's volume. Turn on you car radio and amplifier. Turn the volume up on your radio until your music starts to get distorted. Turn the volume notch down to about 80 percent after you hear the slight distortion.
- Slowly increase the gain level on your amplifier. The amplifier gain should still be set to its lowest level. Slowly turn the gain volume up until you begin to hear distortion.
- Set the gain level. Turn the gain down one notch at a time on the amplifier until you no longer hear anymore distortion. You have just set up the amplifier for your car. Adjust the bass boost level on the amplifier if desired.