How To Set Up The Car Stereo In A '93 Jaguar
It’s helpful to know how to set up the car stereo in a ’93 Jaguar, especially if you ever want to install a new stereo model. A high quality car stereo will bring life to your auto environment. Show appreciation for your '93 Jaguar by setting it up with the best sound unit available.
To set up the car stereo in a ’93 Jaguar, you will need:
- Stereo Manual
- Check the car stereo model. Before purchasing a sound device, make sure that the stereo model is compatible with the space in the '93 Jaguar compartment. If not, there is no way it can be modified to fit. There are some models that are not standard to every car. To avoid this unexpected issue, be sure to work with your dealer.
- Disconnect the car battery. Whenever you install new equipment or work with any part of the car wiring, disconnect the car’s battery as a precautionary measure. To do so, remove each positive and negative terminal.
- Add the stereo cage. It’s worthwhile to have your owner’s manual ready during installation just in case you forget the correct wiring. Now, clean out the space for the stereo on the car panel. Grab the stereo wires that are inside this space and leave them hanging outside. Insert the stereo cage. If you asked for an appropriate speaker model for your '93 Jaguar, you shouldn’t have problems inserting it.
- Wire the stereo. Grab the hanging wires and plug them into the stereo cables. With these connected, the sound system will receive proper electricity. Only one cable will be attached to the back of the unit-you can recognize it because of its plug shape and it’s the only one that will fit into the stereo’s terminal. Don’t forget to attach the adapter to the back terminal as well.
- Insert the stereo. Gently reinsert the wires into the stereo compartment. Now, hold the unit firmly and insert it into the space. Be careful not to use too much force so as not to damage the wires resting there. You’ll know it’s inserted properly once you hear a click. Add the plastic frame and the stereo face to complete the installation.
- Recommendations when working with Jaguars. If the shifter gets in your way, set it to the reverse position. Don’t forget to lift the emergency brake before moving the shifter. Also, if your radio needs a special code, check your owner’s manual or ask your Jaguar dealer to email it to you.